FormatVB, VBFormat, PackVB, VBPack, CompareVB, VBCompare, XrefVB,
StatsVB, VBStats, FormatCS and CompareCS are Trademarks (") of Performance Software, Int'l. (PSI).
Nothing improves the maintainability
of an application more than the readability of
the source code.
FormatCS is a program that will improve the maintainability of a C Sharp application,
including ASP.NET applications in C#, by reformatting the source code into a readable
and consistent format.
FormatCS is extremely useful in
ensuring a consistent format within a developmental
group and it is worth its weight in gold when dealing with code written by others.
*** Features of FormatCS ***
1) FAST! execution.
2) Extensive Formatting Capabilities.
3) Reformatting in-place (no output filename required).
4) User Preferences stored in an INI file (no Command Line
5) Automatic creation of backup files.
6) Process entire Projects with one command.
7) Process entire Solutions with one command.
8) Process specific files; i.e. MyFile.cs
9) Process generic class of files; i.e., F*.cs
10) Automatic creation of a Restore.bat file that allows
easy return to the state just prior to executing
11) Fast and easy to install; fast and easy to remove.
12) Does not alter the Registry.
*** Advantages of FormatCS ***
The major advantage of FormatCS is to enforce a consistent and
very readable format for source code that is developed inhouse.
This reduces the cost of software maintenance very significantly.
Anyone that has developed code can attest to the fact that well
formatted source code is much easier to read and much easier to
maintain than source code that is not well formatted.
The best way to appreciate the
capabilities of FormatCS is to view source code
used as input to FormatCS and then examine the output that is produced by
FormatCS from that input. To demonstrate the capabilities of FormatCS, the
sample input file has been mutilated to represent a worst case scenario. You
will not find it easy to read.
Please click the two links
below. Click "Back" (on the Toolbar) once you are
on the Text page to return to this page.
See the Input
See the Output file.
Please download a copy of FormatCS and give it a test drive on some of your
code. We firmly believe, based upon the responses that we have received to
date, that you will be impressed!
The Beta Version will expire about 90
days from date downloaded. It has no
Download FormatCS (675Kb)
For feedback or support email: